Two years ago I picked up my bass again and decided I wanted to play...after not so much as touching it for 23 years. I got back in the groove and put and ad on Craigslist and formed a band, we played ska, reggae, punk mostly originals. Last summer we did a little tour and it was great fun. Where else can a 46 year old ex punk rocker, dye his hair blond again and get to thump out bass lines, mixing it up with youngsters?
I quit shortly afterwards due to personalities but I have some great memories.
The first 2 minutes are lame,skip it.
Too funny! I get this CD for Christmas, from someone named Scott in BC, and I have no frigging clue where it came from. Checked my client list. Nope. Scratched my head, assumed it was someone I had given a business card too, and moved on.
ReplyDeleteI've listened to that CD so much my girlfriend has banned it for the remainder of the month (house rule). It is a great piece of work!!
Sorry I didn't connect the dots, Scott - Thanks for the great album. I'll be up near Pemberton for the first week of April. Maybe we can grab a beer?
Cheers
Chris
HI Chris,
ReplyDeleteAfter you commented on my hut build I left you a message on your blog to say I was going to send you a CD since you listed some cool bands on your site.
Theres a great ski at Pemberton called
the Y couloir I think you'd like when you're up here.
I'll keep in touch,
Scott